1997 Acura NSX-R GT-2 - #11 of 11
Factory built by famed race car constructor TC Prototypes –Thompson Prototypes (McLaren F1/Ferrari F1/Porsche 962/Ford Rally/Honda Rally/Royal Society Motor Sport) of Northamptonshire England.
This is one of the original "Works" factory race cars.
Chassis 11/11 is the last car built before Honda ended the NSX racing program and has all the updates from entire $10m program.
-Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona 1999 co-driven by Arnold-Gregg-Sifton-Stitt
-Sister Car won its class at the 24 Hours Le Mans 1995 and was 3rd 24 Hours Le Mans 1994
-Test cars (chassis 1/11 and 2/11) were developed by Kremer Brothers 1994
-Original NSX concept consulting by F1 Champion Ayrton Senna.
- Carbon fibre monocoque constructed inside and bonded to the factory seam welded chassis – Honda’s use of this revolutionary technology caused the rules to change to disallow any use of carbon fibre in chassis –
- Hewland 6 speed sequential gear box, just rebuilt with -0- hours
- Fresh Comptech built and developed 3.0 V6 derived from championship winning Parker Johnstone/Camel Lights and PD Cunningham/SpeedVision World Challenge programs
- Includes 2 spare engines:, which are removed and disassembled for rebuild: 1 race engine, which is disassembled and one spare block and heads.
- The original HPD developed engine was leased from HPD, and had to be returned.
- Extensive wind tunnel testing at Mira
- Dynamic sim table developed F1 damper program
- AP Racing 6 pot MMC calipers
- Speedline center-lock magnesium wheels with spares, (22 wheels total)
- Full carbon fibre bodywork and under tray
- Many spares and gear sets
This is the actual car which was modeled and featured in the Microsoft X Box Game Project Gotham.
-Completely Original Factory carbon fiber monocoque constructed inside and bonded to the factory seam welded chassis
-Factory Hewland 6 speed sequential gearbox, (rebuilt)
-Factory developed Comptech/Mugen 3.0 V6 (includes the Mugen six individual throttle body intake)
-Dynamic sim table developed F1 damper program
-AP Racing 6 pot MMC calipers w/Titanium Pistons
-Speedline center lock magnesium wheels, (with spares)
-Original Carbon fibre bodywork and under tray
-Original Honda Factory paint scheme
-Original Livery (complete with factory spares)
-Complete Manual including
- original parts manual
- production photographs
- program photographs
- wiring diagrams
- test data, etc.
- -Microsoft X Box Forza Video Game Modeling Stills
This Honda NSX-R race car has just gone through a complete and comprehensive restoration. It has not been raced since the 1999 Daytona 24 hour Race. The engine is a fresh Comptech GTP-L 3.0., just rebuilt by Nelson Engines. The Hewland 6 speed sequential gearbox is also rebuilt. The suspension components have all been rebuilt and replated.
Motec dash and ECU. The body and chassis are in excellent condition with very little use. It has only competed in 1 race. No races since restoration. Now in all new paint and livery.
It is the last produced, and probably the best Factory NSX-R Race Car available anywhere.
Includes many rare spare parts. Also includes some of the NSX-R GT-1 parts from the 3 cars which were destroyed by the factory.
This would make an excellent Historic Race Car or an important addition for any collector of Honda Racing History.
Includes manuals and FIA paperwork. Perfect car for the HSR Daytona Historic 24 or Sebring Classic 12 HR events!
Studio Photographs by Peter Harholdt